To Individuals, Groups and Agencies
Mission: to support and promote the arts in Southeastern Utah
The City of Moab has an annual art allocation to fund arts programs within the city that benefit community members. Since 2002, MAC has been administering this program for the city. We do this through a process of grant announcement, application, review and recommendations by a MAC grant committee, and finally, selection and approval by the city council. The grant committee is made up of people representing the MAC board, Moab City Council and the general public.
Those receiving MAC support include:
HMK After School Program
Halloween Art Carnival
Moab Arts Festival
Moab Community Dance Band
Moab Music Festival Education Scholarship
Moab Photography Symposium
Moab Poets and Writers
Red Rock Elementary Arts Framework Committee
Moab Artist Studio Tour
The Moab Arts Council and the City of Moab appreciate the valuable programs and services of the organizations and individuals whose work enriches our community. We diligently strive to create an environment where grant applications are judged on elements of fairness, diversity and community need. Please pay attention to project description and budget detail when you submit your application and make sure you can fulfill all grant requirements.
The total MAC grants fund for 2017 is approximately $7000. Please make your grant request accordingly.
Want to fill out an Arts Grant Application?
Need an Umbrella?
For those individuals and organizations in need, the MAC can serve as your not-for-profit 501.c.3 umbrella organization. We provide this service for one-time projects or continuing programming. MAC currently serves as the 501.c.3 for the following organizations:
- Art Walk
- Moab Community Dance Band
- Moab Artists Studio Tour
- Moab Photography Symposium
Serving as your umbrella 501c.3 requires:
- that your project/organization matches the goals and mission of the MAC
- that there be trust and accuracy in reporting finances. We ARE the fiscal agent for your project and have a fiduciary responsibility to ensure proper accounting. Otherwise, our 501c.3 status is at risk!
- that we charge a nominal fee for our services. This fee is covers basic expenses for drafting a cover letter to the organization(s) you are applying to for grants, copying 501c.3 papers, receiving and issuing checks, actual accounting or viewing yours, and eventually paying for an annual audit (some granting institutions require audited financial statements from the grantees). The MAC has not had to perform this yet, once we do, we must then do it annually.
To apply please draft a letter to the Moab Arts Council stating the following:
- the name and purpose of your organization
- a project/program description
- a proposed budget and/or fundraising goal
- the names of the institution(s) that you are applying for funding to